Sports Physical Therapy
My 6 year old son worked with Marvin for 6 months for myofunctional therapy. We saw immediate and then long term improvement in my son's issues. Marvin was patient, kind and efffctively worked with at times a very boisterous 6 year old. He provided me as a parent with knowledge and resources needed to help my son and he listened patiently to all questions and concerns we had...
- Lori Konecni
I cannot say enough about Bella and her terrific staff. I was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis last year. I found my way to Bella PT where Bella worked with me to improve both my mental and physical well being. She turned my life around in a short time and I will be forever grateful for her care and insightful guidance. Bella's staff is fabulous. Both my husband and I have...
- Mary Armona
Bella Physical Therapy is the best! Professional, positive, and personable are descriptors of the PT staff and all the support people are friendly and pleasant as well. The therapists are extremely knowledgeable, sensitive to one's needs, yet determined to help you overcome whatever the injury or issue may be, spending as much time as needed to ensure progress and restore good...
- Madeline Bradley
I highly recommend Bella Physical Therapy. At the age of 24 I unfortunately had to have a bilateral total joint replacement of my TMJ due to my Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. I started working with Marvin at Bella Physical Therapy right after surgery and my results have been a success. Marvin is an incredible physical therapist and has even taken the time to explain to me...
- kelsey plaskon
Seven years ago I had a surgery on my spine, following which I required significant physical therapy. My friends recommended Bella PT, and I was very happy with the service they provided. Staff is very knowledgeable, and very professional. They always take the time and the opportunity to learn and understand each individual situation, and help accordingly. I would recommend...
- Asya Falkovich
Are you in need of sports physical therapy in Garfield, NJ?
Bella Physical Therapy has been helping patients recover from sports injuries since 2006. We provide one-on-one at least one-hour sessions for each and every patient throughout the entire course of your sports physical therapy.
YOU DON’T NEED DOCTOR’S PRESCRIPTION TO START YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPY
It is important to know that according to New Jersey’s Direct Access Act you don’t need a doctor’s prescription to start physical therapy in the state of New Jersey. It means that YOU DON’T NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR BEFORE COMING TO US. Our highly trained, experienced and caring physical therapists are fully equipped to analyze your pain and create a thorough treatment protocol that will address the very source of your pain to make your recovery a full success. You will see a positive change in your condition after just a few treatment sessions.* If at any point in the course of your sports physical therapy the need for diagnostic testing or a medical consultation arises, we will be first to advise you on different options.
PHYSICAL THERAPY IS A GREAT DRUG-FREE TREATMENT APPROACH TO MAKE YOUR PAIN GO AWAY
Many of us try to get rid of the pain by taking pain killers and steroid injections. There are a few problems with that approach, though: medications have side effects, plus they are only masking the pain without addressing the root of your problem. In addition, steroids may weaken the muscle tendons and ligaments which then become more susceptible to a future trauma. Sports physical therapy is a great drug-free treatment approach that could be the real and lasting answer to your condition.
Sports physical therapy can successfully address a multitude of sports injuries and traumas that may otherwise result in chronic pain and disability. A course of sports physical therapy is a vital part of restoring a full range of motion and strength to your body, increasing its stability without residual stiffness or pain.
EXAMPLES OF SPORTS INJURIES AND TRAUMAS WE TREAT AT BELLA PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Repetitive Strain Injuries - RSI - rotator cuff tear, shoulder and hip impingement syndromes, tendinitis and tendinosis of the various arm and leg muscles, etc.
- Soft-tissue Injuries: muscle, tendon and fascia strains and sprains, bursitis, etc.
- Radiculitis - pain from the neck or back down the arm, or leg
- Neuritis - inflammation of the nerve
- Head and face traumas and pain
- Jaw traumas and pain: jaw dislocation or derangement, TMJ disk dislocation, etc.
- Neck injuries and pain, such as neck joint derangement, bulging or herniated dick, etc.
- Shoulder injuries such as rotator cuff tears, bursitis, frozen shoulder, etc.
- Elbow injuries: cubital tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, golfer’s or baseball elbow, etc.
- Wrist and hand injuries - carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, de Quervain's syndrome, etc.
- Back pain, sciatica, disk herniation, rib traumas and pain
- Sacroiliac dysfunction - pain in the buttock area, piriformis syndrome
- Coccydynia: tail bone pain, coccyx misalignment, fractured coccyx
- Hip derangements and pain - hip bursitis, groin, and buttock pain, etc.
- Knee traumas: ligamentous injuries -ACL, PCL, MCL, LC, torn meniscus, chondromalacia patella, patellofemoral syndrome, etc.
- Foot and ankle problems: Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, foot neuromas, tarsal tunnel syndrome, etc.
- Many other sports injuries and traumas
WHAT WILL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY COURSE INCLUDE?
Your sports physical therapy will include a variety of manual hands-on techniques, taping methods and other innovative treatment approaches combined with a comprehensive exercise program custom-tailored to your needs. Exercises may include dynamic stabilization and core strengthening, postural reeducation, proper body mechanic training and more. Specific functional training will be a vital part of your treatment to accelerate return to your daily household and job routine, and favorite leisure and sports activities. Adding our state-of-the-art equipment to your treatment protocol will bring yet more variety and fun to your sports physical therapy course.
If you get sports injury or trauma, don’t wait… take action right away!
For more information about our sports physical therapy in Garfield, NJ, or to book a consultation with one of our expert physical therapists call (201)791-0008. We are here to help.
Bella Physical Therapy – Your Trusted Source for sports physical therapy in Garfield, NJ.